Central heating water leaks
Fix the leak in your central heating system
If your boiler is losing pressure, you could have a leak in your central heating system. We can identify and fix leaks in your radiators, pipework and valves to keep your home warm in the winter.
Corroded pipes, pinhole leaks and general deterioration of older systems can leave you without heat when temperatures drop and affect both your mental and physical health.
Find out more about how we can fix your central heating leak below.
When we can help with your heating
Is your boiler losing pressure within two hours of being turned off? Our skilled leak detection technicians use various methods to trace hidden heating pipe leaks.
We’ll find and fix your leak, refill your system, and provide all these services for a single fixed cost.
Please note that if your boiler is losing pressure over a period longer than two hours, our services will not be covered by our “No Find, No Fee” guarantee.
Need help checking? Read our guide about how to safely increase your boiler pressure.
Central heating leak guide
- How to find a central heating leak
- How we trace heating water leaks
- Central heating leak leak FAQs
- Take a close look at your boiler. If your boiler itself is leaking, you can stop your search and pick up the phone. Lookout for indications of water damage and any pooling of water on the ground beneath it. Remember that pipes leading to and from your boiler can be hot to touch, so take extra care.
- Examine your radiator valves. Radiators are one of those things you rely on but take little notice of. The same goes for radiator valves. Usually found at the bottom corners of your radiator, these valves connect the panel to the pipes below. A faulty or leaking valve can cause water to escape and damage to occur.
- Is there a hole in your radiator? The constant refilling of radiators in a central heating system can lead to corrosion, rust and degradation. As a result, it’s common for pinhole leaks to appear on the panel of a radiator and for water to leak out. You’ll need to be able to turn your heating system on in order to locate the escaping water if the damage isn’t immediately obvious.
How we trace central heating leaks
We offer a fixed price trace and access service following the completion of a free visual inspection of your property. This visual inspection does not involve the use of any specialist leak detection equipment, but allows us to accurately gauge and price the work required.
Upon instruction to complete trace and access works, we will use one or a variety of the methods to locate the leak in your central heating system before providing you with a further option for its repair.
These methods include the use of tracer gas, thermal imaging and endoscopic cameras.
1. Call 0800 037 7078
Our trace and access services are approved by all UK insurance companies. Call us for free today to discuss your situation and book in a free visual inspection by one of our expert technicians.
2. We’ll inspect your leak for free
Upon booking, we will carry out a free visual inspection of your reported water leak to provide you with a structured price for the trace, access and repair. The visual inspection will not find your leak by itself.
3. Get a fixed price to find your leak
We know how frustrating it can be when a price changes throughout a job. The price we quote you for the work will be the price you pay. Plus, we’ll provide you with a detailed report to submit to your insurance company.
We find central heating leaks throughout the UK
Water leaks can happen at any time and can go unnoticed for weeks, months or even years. Miracle Leak Detection offers an unrivalled five-star trace and access service across the UK.
Visit the links below to explore our most visited counties. including Hertfordshire, Surrey and London. You can also find us on Google.
Get your water leak found and fixed fast in all areas of Hertfordshire, from Bishops Stortford and St Albans, to Watford and Ware.
We cover all areas in Surrey and south London, including Guildford, Epsom, Haslemere and more. View all of our Surrey locations below.
Water Leak DetectionEpsom, Surrey
“I cannot recommend Miracle Leak Detection highly enough. We've dealt with numerous tradespeople and this gentleman is an absolute star. He is a thoroughly professional guy, gave very good advice, was not pushy or over-bearing and is also a genuinely nice person. He knows his stuff and we would not go anywhere else. 10/10!”
Trace & Access ClaimWeybridge, Surrey
“Excellent timekeeping, explained regularly how he was getting on and gave a guarantee that he would find the water leak by that evening even though it took him a few hours! I would recommend him strongly to anyone who needs help especially at short notice!”
Fixed faulty heating pipeGodalming, Surrey
“Miracle Leak Detection saved me after our boiler lost pressure in the middle of a freezing cold night. An engineer arrived the next morning after I called to look for the source of the problem. He was very professional and promptly got my heating back without any hassle. I would happily recommend him to my family and friends.”